Now you can download a sample issue of our Coaching and Leadership Journal. Simpy visit our website and enter your email to sample our highly acclaimed journal that is now being read by leaders all over the country and Canada. We'd love to have you on the team!
Friday, November 30, 2018
Friday, November 23, 2018
|Leadership Publishing Team Founder is the author of several books and is the editor of The Coaching and Leadership Journal|
A huge part of my coaching foundation was formed when as a very young coach, I got the opportunity to work the Duke Basketball Camp. My first year was the summer following Coach Mike Krzyzewski’s third season at Duke which saw his team finish 11-17—his second consecutive losing season. At that time there were lots of rumblings about how long it was going to be before he was fired. I’m sure Coach felt pressure but he never showed it. On the last night of camp, we always had a pizza party with Coach K. We sat around talking hoops, discussed coaching philosophy and there was always the occasional BS story thrown in. I distinctly remember Coach K saying that coaching is as much about choosing words as it is about coaching strategies. He said you must know your team and you must tell vivid stories—stories that not only make people think but make them feel the way you want them to feel. Little did I know that I was receiving advice from an hall-of-fame coach who would go on to become a legend and the winningest college basketball coach ever.
I don’t think it is a coincidence that the greatest leaders teach with stories. I think everyone needs a good story to tell and thanks to Coach K, I became very interested in learning what parables or interesting stories I could use to teach lessons to my team. This book contains some of the stories I have collected from 34 years in the business
—Dan Spainhour, Winston Salem, NC, 2018
6 x 9; 124 pages
Friday, November 16, 2018
Here is some of what you will find in the December 2018 issue of The Coaching and Leadership Journal
- Leadership profile of David Williams II
- Don't be a leadership Scrooge
- Signs of high emotional intelligence
- Grant Cardone—things great leaders do
- Gifts of the introverted leader
- Coaching ethics
- The world needs more coaches—less pimps
- Warren Buffett, tennis and avoiding stupidity
- Age beats height
- How to measure your team’s effectiveness
- Avoiding the awestruck affect
- Five great books you’ve most likely never even heard of
- Leaders don’t have to be people pleasers
- Embrace failure—don’t dwell on mistakes
- And More
When you subscribe you will receive:
• A print edition of the Journal delivered to your door each month.
• Access to The Coaching and Leadership Journal website.
• The digital version of the current issue of The Coaching and Leadership Journal emailed to you each month.
• Our weekly report The Team Leadership Report which includes timely and relevant coaching and leadership information as well as motivational stories emailed to you.
• Strategies to motivate your team and staff.
• Quotes, anecdotes and trends to use in your team meetings and practices.
• Ideas and philosophies from prominent leaders to help your team rise to any challenge.
• Tactics to get the most out of your team and an edge on your competition.
• Ideas and techniques that help you and your staff communicate more effectively with your team.
Intelligently priced with monthly options available.
Our subscribers realize that for less than most people’s monthly cable bill they can get an entire year of essential information delivered to their door each month!
If you are unhappy with your newsletter subscription, you may cancel at any time and receive a refund of your remaining issues.
All Major Credit Cards and PayPal
Phone (336) 529-5901
For more information please visit The Leadership Publishing Team
Friday, November 9, 2018
$17 Digital Book Bundle
Get three of our best selling books for only $17
This special, limited time offer entitles you to get one digital edition of A Season In Words (ISBN: 978-1461187592; List Price $11.95), one digital edition of A Season In Their Words (ISBN: 9781977739704; List Price $19.99) and one digital edition of Coach Yourself (ISBN: 9780615172798; List Price $9.95) for $17.
Friday, November 2, 2018
A veteran coach with more than a quarter century of experience on collegiate sidelines, David Metzbower was named in July 2014 as the offensive coordinator for the men’s lacrosse program at UNC. He was promoted to associate head coach in 2017.
Within three years the hiring of Metzbower proved extremely profitable to the Tar Heels’ success on the field as a dynamic offense led Carolina on a post-season run that resulted in UNC’s first NCAA championship since 1991 during the 2016 campaign. UNC followed that up by winning the ACC Tournament championship in 2017, just its second league title since 1996.
In the fall of 2016, Metzbower was tapped as the NCAA Division I assistant coach of the year as named by the U.S. Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association. In 2016, UNC finished sixth in the nation in goals per game at 13.06 and the Tar Heels were fifth in man-up offense at .500.
We are proud and honored to have David on our team of subscribers! It is no coincidence that we have some of the most successful leaders reading our journal each month. Our subscribers realize that for less than most people's monthly cable bill they receive a year's worth of information delivered to their door that will make them better leaders, coaches, and administrators.
More Information can be found at The Leadership Publishing Team.
Join team today!
Leadership Publishing Team Founder is the author of several books and is the editor of The Coaching and Leadership Journal A huge part ...
$17 Digital Book Bundle This special, offer is for: One digital edition of A Season In Words (ISBN: 978-1461187592; Li...
The Leadership Publishing Team is pleased to announce that Volumes One and Two of The Coaching and Leadership Journal are now available...