Over the course of her 37 years in Chapel Hill, Karen Shelton has built one of the country's finest field hockey programs at the University of North Carolina. Shelton took over as the Tar Heels' head coach in 1981 and since then has led UNC to national prominence in the form of six NCAA Championships, 11 NCAA runner-up finishes and 35 winning seasons. Following the 2017 season, Shelton carries a career record of 646-164-9 and ranks second in NCAA history in career wins. Ten times in the past 11 seasons, Shelton has led Carolina to the NCAA final four, claiming titles in 2007 and 2009, finishing as runner-up in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016, and reaching the semifinals in 2013, 2014 and 2017. She has led UNC to 20 Atlantic Coast Conference championships, most recently in 2017.
The purpose of the Journal is to provide ideas and insights to people who are passionate about leading and to provide it in a quick and easy-to-read format. The Coaching & Leadership Journal now serves leaders from all fields. Our journal publishes article summaries that pertain to both leadership theory and insights from top leaders in all professions. Like a monthly debriefing, our journal allows you to get valuable information without having to waste time searching for it. You'll refer to it again and again. It is not just a journal but a valuable resource delivered to you each month.
With your subscription you receive:
- The highly acclaimed Coaching and Leadership Journal delivered to your door.
- Subscriber-only access to The Coaching and Leadership Journal website. Updated monthly, the site contains additional articles, motivational videos, pictures, and more.
- The current digital issue of The Coaching and Leadership Journal emailed to you each month.
- The Team Leadership Report, our weekly report covering timely and relevant coaching and leadership information emailed to you each week.
- Strategies to motivate your team and staff.
- Quotes, anecdotes, and trends to use in your team meetings and practices.
- Ideas and philosophies from prominent leaders to help your team rise to any challenge.
- Tactics to get the most out of your team and an edge on your competition.
- Ideas and techniques that help you and your staff communicate more effectively with your team.
Become a Subscriber Today!